Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Starting to roll

Not long after that first job I was introduced to someone with a lighting store.  This man could sell me the lighting equipment I needed and he also knew people who were in the market for landscape lighting.  He on the other hand had no idea about lighting himself.  He set up an appointment with a custom home builder who only built large luxury homes.  When I learned about the appointment I had a uniform shirt created for me so I could look the part.  If I was going to meet a connection like this, I knew that I had to make a good impression.  Until this point I was just wearing “work cloths”, jeans and a collared shirt.

Well,Jones 2 that meeting was a success which opened up several doors for large scale lighting projects in a very high end sub division just north of Austin, TX.  I’ll get into more of those projects at a later time.  The first home we accented in this neighborhood was pretty small but this was our second project (the photo).  As you can see, it was pretty impressive.  This is one of our best clients who has changed things up a few times since the original installation and we also take care of their Christmas lighting.  For Christmas, we outline their entire roofline (800’) with LED lights.  We are able to all of that plus a whole lot more on a single electrical outlet.  I’m getting a little ahead of myself though and I’ll cover holiday lighting later on as well.

If you haven’t visited our website yet, please do.  www.night-scenes.com  .

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment